Thursday, April 05, 2007

Photoshop World 2007

I made it to Photoshop World today and was expecting a lot of wowing. I did get some of that from Jack Davis. He demonstrated the new Black & White filter in Photoshop CS3. John Nack was demonstrating the new features of the extended version of Photoshop. Including all of the wild things you can do with an image stack. Very impressive! I saw a lot of Terry White. He was talking about the Bridge over in the Peachpit booth and he was talking about the new integration with Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

I spent some time over at the Wacom booth and man, those Cintiq systems are really something else. Sure, you'll have to take out a small loan to purchase one, but I can totally see the value now.

I also talked with the guys at the Corel booth who were demonstrating Painter X. There's a really impressive auto clone feature and the brushes have never been better. They are so dynamic and expressive now. Combine that with a Wacom and you have a full art studio again.

I got a chance to talk with Corey Barker from Planet Photoshop. Then I talked to Dave Cross, who was filming a short segment with his daughter Stephanie for Photoshop TV.

All in all, I left feeling inspired, but frustrated at the same time. It's great that CS3 is coming out, but because it's not totally here yet, I can't really play with it yet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home